Policy Area: EU MEMBERSHIP Date of Discussion: 03.04.13
The discussion was about the European Union, whether the UK should stay as part of the EU and if so under what circumstances. Everyone was asked to a single item that would persuade them to stay in the EU and one that would persuade them to leave.
- EU stays as it is.
- No budget control.
- Expansion of EU.
- Removal of any opt outs or vetos.
- EU moves to dictate pay or taxes.
10. The main points of reform needed were:
- UK Parliament and courts to be supreme and cannot be over-ridden.
- There should be level playing fields in operation of freedoms within the EU e.g. take over of companies.
- Opt-outs and Vetos must be preserved and should be extended.
- The EU must not be run for the benefit of the Eurozone.
At least twice a year members of The Tandridge Club meet to discuss a a wide range of topics. Following the discussion a paper is produced and sent to our MP so that he can take our recommendations forward to the relevant Government Department. You can read a summary of the EU Membership paper below. For a full copy please Contact Us.
Copyright 2014. The Tandridge Club. All Rights Reserved.