At least twice a year members of The Tandridge Club meet to discuss a a wide range of topics. Following the discussion a paper is produced and sent to our MP so that he can take our recommendations forward to the relevant Government Department. You can read a summary of the Conservative Manifesto paper below. For a full copy please Contact Us.
Policy Area: CONSERVATIVE MANIFESTO Date of Discussion: 29.5.14
The subject for discussion was "what should be in the manifesto for the General Election in 2015". It was felt that the manifesto should be built round the idea of fairness and should emphasise what has been achieved since 2010. Communication of the message is vital.
- The Westminster Parliament to be supreme and should not be overruled;
- The UK Supreme Court is to be supreme and should not be overruled by any foreign court;
- Future UK payments to the EU should be withheld until the EU accounts are audited without qualification;
- All remaining trade barriers within the EU should be removed;
- Even handed treatment of acquisitions and extradition within the EU;
Copyright 2014. The Tandridge Club. All Rights Reserved.